Welcome to my Sisterlock Hair Journey!

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting. I have been natural for 2.5 years and I started my sisterlock journey on Sat, June 12, 2010. I am so excited about my journey and the newfound freedom that I now have. I only have one favor to ask, please do not copy my photos without my permission.

Thank you:)







Monday, September 6, 2010

My Mom and my Sisters

Had a great day at my parent's house for Labor Day weekend. We had some great food, jerk chicken, brats, burgers, ribs, rum punch was amazing and some hilarious stories were told. It's always great times when spent with family and I absolutely love spending time with mine. My mom is newly natural..she did the BIG CHOP and she's lovin her hair. She keeps tellin me, "Natalie...my hair is so easy..I love it." My mom is Jamaican and she initially did not like Sisterlocks. She would tell me, "I think Dreads are ugly." I'm like (SMH), "Mom, these are not dreads, they're locks." I don't think my family believed I would really get them, but once I did, she has been giving me compliments and says I wear them nice. Let's see how she like them once they "lock". My sister, Kaydene on the other hand, has loved Sisterlocks from the moment she and I were browsing Sisterlock hairstyles online. Anywho..mom and sis are both natural now. Welcome to the club ladies!! :)

Here's Kaydene and my adorable nephews Kaden and Kai. Kaden will be four this month and Kai will be two in Dec. (she's got her HANDS FULL with those two...and that's an understatement!). Check out her natural hair:) Thumbs up!


I also have a younger sister, Simone, who I'm still trying to convert.



She's still addicted to the weaves, so she may take some time. Wish me luck with that, lol. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment