Welcome to my Sisterlock Hair Journey!

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting. I have been natural for 2.5 years and I started my sisterlock journey on Sat, June 12, 2010. I am so excited about my journey and the newfound freedom that I now have. I only have one favor to ask, please do not copy my photos without my permission.

Thank you:)







Monday, September 6, 2010

SL and Exercise

Since having SL...I have tried to increase the level of my workouts a tad bit..lol. When I was flat ironing my hair...I was so mindful of my hair and not sweating it out. All my "workouts" consisted of that light, 3.0 speed on the treadmill..and would try my BEST to NOT break a sweat. I put that word in quotes because I wasn't really doing anything. It was better than nothing, but I didn't really feel like I just had a good workout. Getting in a good workout period was out of the question for the day of my fresh wash or even days later. I would literally wait until after I was close to my next wash before I would even go near a treadmill, much less an eliptical machine. Aaahhh, I was such a slave to my hair, it was depressing. Even when I had a perm, I couldn't do too much as far as sweating, especially not if I had plans in the next couple of hours afterwards. Now with my SL...I workout whenever I want to and at any type of intensity I feel like. These SL are simply amazing and worth every penny:-) Oh yeah..I'm losing a lil weight too..I might as well mention that:) From these pics, does it look like my hair is growing?? I can't tell..to me it doesn't look like it:(


These pics are what my hair looks like AFTER a 2 mile intense walk/jog on the treadmill...

Before my SL, I couldn't even do that. My hair would be an afro and I would need to flat iron all over again. Sisterlocks....I love u!!

No comments:

Post a Comment